- The portrait shall be not more than 6 months old.
- The face should take up 70-80 percent of the vertical dimension.
- Portrait should be in sharp focus, of high quality with no crease of ink mark.
- Portrait should show applicant looking directly at camera.
- Portrait should be in color, it show skin tone naturally.
- Portrait should be on high quality paper with high resolution.
- Portrait taken with digital camera should be at high quality and resolution and be printed on photo quality paper.
- Portrait size must be at least 41mm x 31mm.
- Portrait should show a close-up of the applicant’s head and top of the shoulders.
Portrait Style and Lighting
- Portraits should show applicant with eyes open and clearly visible.
- There should be no hair on forehead or obscuring the eyes.
- Applicant should be shown facing square to the camera not looking over one shoulder (portrait style).
- Applicant’s head should be upright so that an imaginary horizontal line drawn between the center of the eyes is parallel to the edge of the picture.
- Both edges of the face should be clearly visible.
- BACKGROUND SHOULD BE WHITE.
- The lighting should be even, with no shadows or reflection on face.
- There should be no red eye.
Glasses and Head Covers
Glasses are not acceptable in the portrait.
Expressions and Frames
Headdress shall be accepted only in keeping with religious customs or for medical reasons.
- The portrait shall show the applicant alone with no other person, chair-backs or toys visible.
- The applicant shall be looking at the camera with a neutral expression, (no smiling) and their mouth closed.
Facial Markings and Piercings
There shall be NO markings, tattoos or piercings on any part of the applicants face as to obscure an even appearance on the portrait.